I have served 20 years in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General (“JAG”) Corps in assignments in the US and Germany. As a legal officer with the military, I was a trial defense attorney and prosecutor, litigating everything from murder and rape cases to drug offenses for military service members charged with those crimes. I also performed duties in international, administrative, and legal assistance law for the military. I performed all kinds of work from negotiating Status of Forces Agreements in Germany to drafting Wills and Powers of Attorney for service members.
- If you are an active, reserve or retired member of the Armed Forces I can help you.
- I can help you with your divorce or estate planning concerns.
- You should know that you have certain rights under the Servicemember Civil Relief Act (“SCRA”). This law is a complete revision of the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act (“SSCRA”).
- Under SCRA, I can help you to delay a court hearing if your military service requirements materially effect your ability to stay in the county and defend your interest on orders to ship you out of the country.
- I can help under this Act to reduce interest to 6% on various loans and obligations you may owe as a servicemember.
- Under this Act I can help you from being evicted from your rental property for non-payment of rent if the monthly rent you pay is $1,200.00 or less.
- I can help you under the Act to terminate certain residential leases that you entered into prior to your joining the military.
- I can help you under the SCRA to maintain your state of residence for tax purposes despite military relocations to other states.
- I can help you to preserve your retirement income under the FERS and Thrift Savings plans in certain cases.
I offer a 10% discount to all Retired and Active Duty Military