Named Top Attorney of North America in the 2016-17 Who's Who Directory (Read about it here)
Attorney, Law Offices of Bruce W. McLaughlin, PLC
1991 - Present
George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C.
LLM (Masters of Law), 1991 - Concentration: Contract Law
George Mason University Law School, Arlington, Virginia
Juris Doctor, 1980 - Concentration: Law
Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts
BA, 1974 - Concentration: Political Science and German (Magna Cum Laude)
American Bar Association, Virginia State Bar, Loudoun County Bar Association
- Active general private practice of law, in the key litigation practice areas of Criminal/Traffic, Business Transactions, Personal Injury/Wrongful Death, and Family Law.
- Successfully litigated or settled more than 50 personal injury cases, exceeding $10 million dollars in awards.
- Successfully defended criminal cases, such as murder, rape, malicious wounding, child pornography, robbery/larceny, resulting in either acquittal or reduced charges for the Defendant in most cases.
- Successfully represented countless drug distribution and possession cases, such as heroin, PCP, K2, amphetamines, crystal meth, and marijuana, resulting in either suppression, acquittal, or reduced charges for the Defendant in most cases.
- Have litigated countless family law cases in the local courts, to include divorce, adoption, custody and visitation, child and spousal support, and property issues. receiving positive results from clients at every turn.
- As a JAG Military Lawyer with the U.S. Army, was both a Prosecutor and Defense Attorney, International Relations Legal Assistant, and an Administrative Lawyer with the 5th Corps in Frankfurt, Germany.
- International consultant in the art of negotiations and alternate dispute resolution areas involving mediation, conciliation, and arbitration.
- Developed the Lincoln Management Institute to teach small businesses world-wide how to run a business without a staff lawyer, focusing on negotiations, contracts, business organization, employer/employee law, government regulations, intellectual property, collecting money, and dispute resolution.
- Worked as the Assistant to the General Counsel for two software engineering companies, advising the companies concerning government and commercial contracting, government regulations, subcontracting, and software licensing issues.
- Handled litigation for the U.S. Army 7th Signal Command as their Chief Litigation Counsel for bid protest defense for this Communications Command world-wide.
- Performed litigation for the U.S. Air Force Contracts Litigation Division as Contracts Trial Attorney defending the U.S. Air Force against claims brought by multi-national aerospace corporations.
- Worked for three Fortune 100 government contracting companies as a Corporate Contract Administrator negotiating and administrating multi-million dollar federal contracts.